Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Smart Design for Your Landscape


Flora Landscape Design is a landscape design company that focuses on sustainable, aesthetically pleasing and functional landscape. Working closely with clients, Flora Landscape Design will develop a landscape design that meets the needs of people while restoring and enhancing natural features.  An understanding of the ecological characteristics of a site informs the design process.  A well-designed garden requires less water, chemicals and maintenance.  This reduces costs, improves health and leaves more time to simply relax and enjoy the surroundings.



Residential Project with Pistil's Landscape Design 






Specialties:
  • hardscape
  • native plants
  • xericscaping
  • storm water management
  • play areas
Services:
  • consultation
  • master plans (CAD drafted plans)
  • concept and construction drawings
  • project management  

About Lupin Hill Hipp:
My parents named me after the lupin flower.  It proved to be an appropriate name since I have loved flowers and gardens for as long as I can remember.  As principal designer at Flora Landscape Design, I use my combination of life experience and education in a creative and scientific process.  Formally, I have a Masters degree in sustainable design and land planning from the Conway School.  I have worked in design-build, landscape architecture and retail nurseries for over 15 years.  I have also worked for the Backyard Habitat Certification Program and taught Naturescaping classes through East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District. Informally, I have extensive horticultural experience from being a hands-on gardener and hobby naturalist.  I have studied gardens and design in the United States, Canada, Mexico and France.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smart Design for Your Landscape

Flora Landscape Design is a landscape design company that focuses on sustainable, aesthetically pleasing and functional landscape. Working...